A donor advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving program administered by a third party that provides you with the flexibility and most favorable tax benefits to easily support your favorite charities. DAFs are designed to manage charitable donations on behalf of an organization, family or individual and are becoming increasingly popular. They are an excellent way to simplify your charitable giving and facilitate your strategic philanthropic goals. You will receive a tax deduction when you make a contribution of cash, stock and other assets and, at a later time, you can grant specified amounts to the charities of your choice.
How it Works
- Find a qualifying third party investment fund and open up a DAF. Minimums and internal fees may vary so do your research.
- Contribute appreciated stock, art, real estate, etc. to your DAF for an immediate tax deduction.
- Allocate your money in provided investment pools.
- Recommend grants to qualified public charities of your choice at your own timing using the DAF widget on PSC Partners site.
Key Benefits of Donor-Advised Funds
- Simple – all record-keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts are handled by the DAF sponsor.
- Flexible – timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision making.
- No transaction fees – Unlike credit cards that charge a transaction fee, 100% of your grant request goes to your charity of choice.
- Tax-efficient – contributions are tax-deductible and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. You can easily donate long term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes and allowing you to support multiple charities from one block of stock allowing for your full market value to go to PSC Partners instead of a net tax value.
- Family legacy – A DAF is a great way to build a tradition of family philanthropy.
What Can Donor-Advised Funds Do for PSC Partners?
DAFs provide an easy, flexible, low-cost method of giving which supports our mission of educating and supporting patients and caregivers and funding research to support finding better treatments and a cure for PSC. Donations are an essential part of moving the important work we do forward.
To give to PSC Partners via a DAFs, please visit our fundraising page, where we direct you to the resources you will need to donate.