Position Title: Development Director
Position Information/Duration: Full-Time
Travel: Up to 20% of time post-pandemic
Salary Range: $90,000 - $100,000
Location and Position Type: In-office or hybrid, Denver, CO-area preferred. Remote also considered
Reports To: CEO and Executive Director
Posting Date: 07/26/22
ABOUT PSC PARTNERS
The mission of PSC Partners Seeking a Cure is to drive research to identify treatments and a cure for primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) while providing education and support for those impacted by this rare disease.
Founded in 2005, PSC Partners Seeking a Cure is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The various programs give support to patients, caregivers, families, and friends, educate patients and the medical community about PSC, and encourage ground-breaking research in the search for a cure.
PSC patients and caregivers need and deserve to receive excellent medical care with knowledgeable, caring providers. They need drug development with treatments and an eventual cure. They need support, education, and research – all of which are key elements of PSC Partners’ mission. PSC Partners is the link that is working to pull these “puzzle pieces” together to improve the lives of those in the PSC community, working directly with community members, researchers, clinicians and pharma. PSC Partners recognizes and is working on DEI efforts to reach underrepresented and disadvantaged patients.
This position is a member of the PSC Partners leadership team and will be responsible for managing and implementing all fundraising activities.
This position is both strategic and tactical, as it is responsible for developing, managing, and executing PSC Partners’ annual development plan. The ideal candidate has a clear grasp of all core components of development, including: individual contributions and stewardship, annual and online giving campaigns, corporate partnerships/funding, special events, and grant writing. This role requires experience managing development operations, ranging from oversight of CRM, to budget-building, to data tracking, to gift-processing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership and Development Strategy:
- Collaborate with and support PSC Partners’ leadership as a member of the leadership team
- Contribute positively to organizational culture and reflect PSC Partners values
- Manage and execute PSC Partners’ development and stewardship plans to achieve annual revenue goals
- Ensure a robust gift pipeline that is substantial enough to achieve annual revenue goals by actively managing prospective and current donors, foundations, corporations and other funders solicited via proposals, grant applications, multiple appeals, and other fundraising activities
- Participate in strategic planning for PSC Partners to ensure development plans align with and are in service of evolving organizational goals and programmatic outcomes
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with the board of directors
Individual, Foundation, and Corporate Donor Relations
- Partner with Executive Director and CEO to identify, cultivate and solicit individual donors for major gifts
- Manage and develop existing initiatives, appeals and campaigns focused on targeting new donors and stewarding existing donors
- Prospect, identify, and pursue relationships with potential foundation funders and corporate partners
- Author compelling grant proposals and complete grant reporting processes in a timely and efficient manner
- Lead all development and revenue components of future events including sponsorship, major donor solicitation, and connected cultivation opportunities
- Coordinate and oversee moves and task management for all open funding opportunities
- Execute the donor stewardship process in order to connect donors to the mission of PSC Partners and foster a sense of community
- Help develop creative and mission-centric fundraising messaging that articulates the special role and impact of PSC Partners’ work
- Attend PSC Partners’ annual conference in support of overall development goals.
Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Management
- Collaborate with PSC Partners’ leadership team to develop long-term strategies for its peer-to-peer (P2P) fundraising programs; evaluate challenges, strategize innovative solutions, and drive exceptional results.
- Implement and manage promotions, recruitment strategies, lead conversion, and fundraising support for new and returning fundraisers interested in creating their own, or participating in, a grass-roots community fundraising event.
- Provide both proactive and reactive personal fundraising guidance and support to participants, including online support, motivation, and guidance to all fundraisers. Ensure the day-to-day stewardship and retention of new and returning P2P fundraisers and their donors, including managing a portfolio of high-capacity fundraisers.
- Ensure post P2P fundraising and individual fundraising event follow-up including thank you letters with surveys, tracking of responses, integration of feedback, retention of fundraisers and overall acknowledgement and stewardship of fundraisers and donors.
Fundraising Planning, Tracking and Operations
- Establish and monitor annual and long-term revenue goals and budgets
- Maintain all donor and prospect information utilizing Bloomerang (PSC Partners’ CRM)
- Design and update a regular progress-to-goal report and development dashboard for the CEO, Executive Director, and Board of Directors
- Execute high-quality gift processing and revenue tracking, to ensure accurate and thorough documentation of all development activities
- Ensure integrity and accuracy in all records and reports in Bloomerang
- 6-8 years of nonprofit development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Demonstrable experience as a fundraising generalist, with hands-on practice at institutional giving/grant writing, major gifts, annual giving, corporate partnership building, special events, and online giving campaigns.
- Demonstrable experience successfully managing fundraising events and P2P fundraisers to meet or exceed fundraising goals. Experience in Facebook, Instagram, and other online social media-based fundraising preferred.
- Experience managing and improving development operations, ranging from CRM management to budget monitoring to gift processing.
- Experience working with volunteers of all levels, and liaising with contractors and consultants.
- Proactive in recognizing needs and opportunities and taking initiative to work toward solutions.
- Excited to propose fresh ideas without prompting by leadership, open to feedback on those ideas, and persistent enough to bring them to life.
ATTITUDES & BELIEFS:
- You are deeply committed to equity and PSC Partners’ mission, vision, and core beliefs.
- You regularly demonstrate strong self-motivation, strategic thinking, and the ability to work independently.
- You have exceptional project management skills, with a knack for working backwards from deadlines and can deal with curve balls thrown at your work plan.
- You have a keen attention to detail, a love of adhering to organizational systems, and aren’t satisfied until you have produced a high-quality work-product.
- You are reliable and a friendly communicator who reaches out and follows-up with professional persistence.
- You are a creative thinker and willing to test out new ideas.
HOURS OF WORK, HOLIDAYS, AND OTHER BENEFITS
- Salary range: $90,000 - $100,000 annually commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including medical insurance (employee only), 401k, and paid time off
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
Candidates should send the following (with “PSC Partners Development Director application” as the subject) to email@example.com:
- Current resume
- A cover letter with:
- Salary range expectations and
- Available start date
- A writing sample that is authored solely by the candidate and relevant to fundraising work, like a thank you letter or a follow-up email after a donor meeting
PSC Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, gender, marital status, disability, or status as a US veteran.
Click HERE to download a printable pdf of this job description.
Complete your profile and join PSC Partners Seeking a Cure in advancing PSC research towards a cure. Find information about clinical trials.