The PSC Partners Mentor Program provides much-needed support for people whose lives are impacted by primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC).
For peer-to-peer virtual support gatherings, join an upcoming ZoomRoom. Check out the schedule on our EVENTS page.
Volunteer to Be a Mentor!
We are in need of Mentors for our year-round, peer-to-peer support program. If you have attended at least one PSC Partners Conference and want to give back to the community by becoming a mentor, you can be a mentor and make a big difference in someone's life!
You can be a mentor if:
- You have a desire to help another person with their PSC journey, and
- You attended at least one PSC Partners Conference
We hope you will consider being a PSC Partners Mentor, because:
- WE ALL REMEMBER THE DIAGNOSIS: Remember how scared and alone you felt when you or someone you love was diagnosed with PSC? By mentoring someone, you can help alleviate the stress for newly diagnosed patients/family members/caregivers.
- YOU DON'T NEED SPECIAL PSC KNOWLEDGE: It doesn't take special training or an advanced knowledge about PSC. Your unique PSC experience, whether as a patient, caregiver, parent, spouse, etc., gives you the background you need to listen to and support others.
- YOU WON'T BE ASKED TO OFFER MEDICAL ADVICE: Because everybody's medical situation is unique, we ask that mentors not offer medical advice to mentees. However, because you likely have more experience dealing with PSC, you can help others formulate their questions for their doctor(s) and healthcare team.
- PSC PARTNERS WILL SUPPORT YOU: You're not alone. PSC Partners supports our mentors. If you ever have questions or concerns, our staff is here for you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 303-771-5227.
Please fill out the form below. Even if you are already part of the PSC Partners Mentor Program and have been matched with someone, please fill out the form to ensure our records are up to date. Thank you!
If you are new to the Mentor Program, someone will contact you with the next steps, including training information to get you started.
Looking for a Mentor? Whether you're a PSC patient, parent, spouse, caregiver, or another member of the PSC community, a mentor can be a great source of support and information. Fill out the form below to be matched with a mentor from our program.
Two PSC Patients Describe the Importance of the Mentor Program
Prospective Mentor/Mentee Information
Complete your profile and join PSC Partners Seeking a Cure in advancing PSC research towards a cure. Find information about clinical trials.