An In-Depth Look at the PSC Partners Annual Grants Cycle
Our Grants Program
PSC Partners and affiliate PSC Partners Canada offer two-year seed grants to conduct research that addresses an important and novel, basic, or clinical research question related to PSC and closely associated diseases (such as inflammatory bowel diseases [IBD] and cholangiocarcinoma).
We encourage investigators to conduct research in promising new areas, with the goal that study results will lead to federal (NIH) or other funding.
Grants Cycle Starts
PSCP opens the application period and begins receiving grant proposals. The deadline is in mid to late July. Details on grant amounts, application deadlines, research topics of interest, and application instructions are updated each year on our website.
Reviewing & Scoring Applications (confidential)
Following the NIH peer review model, all grant applications are confidentially reviewed, discussed, and scored by the PSC Partners Scientific/Medical Advisory Committee (SMAC). To accommodate conflicts of interest, ad hoc reviewers are used when appropriate.
Determining Grant Recipients
- PSC Partners Research Committee meets to discuss SMAC scores and comments, and make recommendations to the PSC Partners Board of Directors.
- The PSC Partners Board of Directors makes their final decision with a confidential vote.
- Updates are sent to all applicants, with award letters to the grant recipients.
PSC Partners Canada makes funding decisions independent from PSC Partners.
- Funding for the first year of research is dispersed, and research projects begin.
- Grant recipients provide a Year 1 progress report for review by SMAC and a lay summary for the PSC Partners website.
- Second year funding is contingent upon a successful review of the progress report.
- Grant recipients complete the 2nd year of the research project and submit a final report.
Grants Cycle Ends
Final reports are submitted by researchers. PSC Partners staff conduct internal assessments on the impact, progress, and areas for growth of the grants program.
We are Committed to PSC Research Funding!
PSC Partners selected four research seed grants in 2022, bringing our funding total to date to nearly $6 million dedicated to PSC research.
Thank you to all our Scientific/Medical Advisory Committee (SMAC) members for sharing their time and expertise with us to direct the path of our research program in order to find new treatments and a cure for PSC.
Complete your profile and join PSC Partners Seeking a Cure in advancing PSC research towards a cure. Find information about clinical trials.