THE DEADLINE HAS PASSED FOR SUBMISSIONS. PLEASE WATCH FOR INFORMATION ABOUT DEADLINES FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS FOR OUR 2023 CONFERENCE.
PSC Partners invited researchers and clinicians to submit abstracts for virtual poster presentation at the PSC Partners Annual Conference with the launch of the PSC Partners International Collaborative Research Network (ICRNetwork).
The PSC Partners Annual Conference will meet virtually from June 2-5, 2022, in collaboration with Dr. Josh Korzenik, Brigham and Women's Hospital, and Dr. Dan Pratt, Massachusetts General Hospital.
Encore poster presentations of research related to primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) were permitted and encouraged. Because the PSC Partners Annual Conference is not an officially recognized national meeting, abstracts and posters presented are eligible for presentation at future scientific conferences. In addition, submitting previously presented posters was encouraged as this is a broader audience of researchers and PSC patients who are interested in this research.
KEY DATES & DEADLINES
- Poster abstract submission period opens: March 25, 2022 (This period of now closed.)
- Abstracts must be submitted before: April 22, 2022, 8pm ET (This is now closed.)
- Notification of Acceptance issued: May 2, 2022 (Notifications have been issued.)
- Digital poster materials uploaded and submitted: May 30, 2022
Digital posters will be available on the conference platform for the duration of the program and for 30 days after the event.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION MATERIALS
Be prepared to include these materials with your abstract submission:
- Poster abstract (less than 500 words)
- A short lay summary of the abstract (less than 500 words)
- Presenting author’s title and affiliation, and a brief biography (less than 250 words)
- Names, affiliations, and email addresses of all co-authors
Indicate whether you would like your abstract to be considered for:
- Oral presentation (Outstanding Abstract Award)
- Up to 5 abstracts will be selected for a 10-minute oral presentation
- A Young Investigator Award
- PSC Partners Patient Partner Award
We hope you will plan to attend the Annual Conference and the launch of the ICRNetwork.
Please sign up for our mailing list to receive registration details and further information about the agenda and conference programming. Registration will open soon.
THEMES & TOPIC GUIDANCE
For the virtual 2022 PSC Partners Annual Conference, we encouraged abstracts across all areas related to PSC research, clinical care, and patient experience. Presentations of research in progress were acceptable, and encore presentations were permitted and encouraged.
While abstracts across all areas of PSC research are welcome, the following areas are of special interest:
- Research focused on the PSC/IBD connection
- Overview, updates, or results from ongoing or upcoming clinical trials and studies enrolling PSC patients
- Findings, outcomes, and interventions relating to health equity, diversity and inclusion in PSC research and clinical care
- Calls for participation in research sample collection (e.g. biobanks)
ABSTRACT AWARDS AND SPECIAL RECOGNITION
- PSC Partners Outstanding Abstract Award
- Up to 5 abstracts will be selected for oral presentation during the conference
- Please indicate whether you wish to be considered for oral presentation when submitting your abstract
- Young Investigators are also eligible for this award
- PSC Partners Young Investigator (YI) Award
- Please indicate YI status with abstract submission: Students, fellows, residents, and those in their first 5 years as faculty are all eligible
- PSC Partners Patient Partner Award
- The Abstract Review Committee will provide special recognition to abstracts noting collaboration between the authors and PSC patients, such as feedback, conversation, and incorporation of PSC patient voice or patient-reported data
ACCEPTED POSTER INFORMATION & POSTER DISPLAY REQUIREMENTS
Upon acceptance, presenting authors will need to submit the following final materials before May 30th, 2022:
- A poster to be displayed digitally (PDF)
- An updated abstract (PDF)
- A 3-to-5-minute video summarizing key research findings (Optional)
- Presenting author headshot and short bio
Note: Additional details about file preparation, poster sizing, and submission will be provided upon acceptance.
Presenters will incur all costs and responsibilities of presenting and preparing materials. There will be no conference registration fee for poster presenters. Presenters must register for the event in order to access the poster booth. A registration link will be provided upon abstract acceptance.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why should you present a poster?
Poster presentations at the PSC Partners Annual Conference provide an opportunity for you to share exciting research directions and updates with the PSC patient and caregiver community and also with researchers and clinicians focused on PSC. In addition, showcasing ongoing or completed projects can provide new connections and opportunities to meet new collaborators and potential funders.
Are there rules about previous presentation of data?
Encore presentations are permitted and encouraged. Because the PSC Partners Annual Conference is not an officially recognized national meeting, abstracts and posters presented will be eligible for presentation at future scientific conferences.
How will abstracts be selected for presentation?
All abstracts will undergo review by the Abstract Review Committee for evaluation and acceptance for poster presentation. No more than 5 will be selected for oral presentation.
Is there an abstract submission fee or other presenter costs?
There is not a fee to submit an abstract. There will be no registration fee for the conference for all poster presenters and speakers. Accepted poster presenters must register for the conference in order to access their virtual poster and booth.
What are the Embargo Rules, if any?
No, there are no embargo rules pertaining to primary or encore presentation. Press releases and media coverage are permitted in advance of the Conference.
What will be included in the virtual poster booth?
Further details will be provided to accepted presenters.
Who can I reach out to with additional questions?
Please contact Ruth-Anne Pai at email@example.com with any questions about abstract submission or poster presentation.
Complete your profile and join PSC Partners Seeking a Cure in advancing PSC research towards a cure. Find information about clinical trials.